School can be a challenge for children with ADD/ADHD but with a plan your child can thrive in the classroom. As a parent, you can work with your child's teacher to implement strategies for learning inside and outside of the classroom.
When there is a drinking problem in the family, all family members are affected. Share your experience, strength and hope with friends and family members of alcoholics to help solve common problems.
By understanding how our attitude and abilities help us make a difference in our lives, and in the lives of others, people of all ages will discover for themselves that "anything is possible!"
- Depression and Anxiety Help
It's not uncommon for children to be diagnosed with both depression and an anxiety disorder, or depression and general anxiety. About half of people diagnosed with depression are also diagnosed with anxiety disorder.
TEENS: Depression is NOT your fault or cause by something you did wrong.
Symptoms of Depression:
- Depressed or irritable mood
- Difficulty sleeping or concentrating
- Change in grades, getting into trouble at school, or refusing to go to school
- Change in eating habits
- Feeling angry or irritable
- Frequent sadness or crying
- Withdrawing from friends and activities
- Loss of energy
- Low self-estteem
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- Understanding Depression
For children, divorce can be stressful, sad, and confusing. As a parent you can make the process and its effects less painful for your children.
- Eating Disorders
- Collection of informative articles by various non-profit organizations
- Gifted and Talented
- Grief and Loss
- Handling Misbehavior
- Helping Kids Cope with Disaster
- Keirsey (Temperament and Character)
- Kids Health
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental HealthNet
- Parents Guide for Kids with Learning Disabilities
- Personality Online (self-discovery and personal development)
- Step Family Network
- Suicide Prevention
FAQs on suicide
Symptoms of depression and suicidal danger signs
Most common misconceptions about suicide
What students should do if a friend has depression
What hospitalization does for the depressed
And a recommended reading list.
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-297-4777